Wednesday, March 10, 2010

HDR practice #1



Just doing some experiments with HDRs before I put my presentation together. This was in Burano in Venice, it was a lovely little island with wonderfully coloured buildings. It was quite spectacular. I included before and after pictures to give you a feel of the effects of a HDR image.
For processing I used Photomatix Pro v3, which is the best (and in my opinion only) HDR editing software you can use. You can get a Photomatix plugin for photoshop, but it is slower and doesn't look the same when it gets moved back into photoshop after tone mapping, which can be insanely frustrating.
As far as HDRs go, this one is reasonably mild, as you can achieve some pretty extreme effects, for the purpose of this shot I should have made it a bit more subtle, but I wanted to push it a little for the purpose of this exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment